Visa on Arrival (VOA) for Foreign Travelers
Circular Letter of the Directorate General of Immigration No. IMI-0603.GR.01.01 of 2022 concerning the Ease of Immigration to Support Sustainable Tourism during the COVID-19 Pandemic, which is effective since 30 May 2022.
1. Countries, administrative regional governments, and certain entities subject to Visit Visa Exemption for Leisure Purpose include:
1) Brunei Darussalam,
8) Thailand, and
2. Countries, administrative regional governments, and certain entities subject to Visa on Arrival for Leisure Purpose include:
7. Bosnia and Herzegovina
9. Brunei Darussalam
17. Czech Republic
25. Hong Kong
45. New Zealand
55. Saudi Arabia
61. South Africa
62. South Korea
68. Timor Leste
72. United Arab Emirates
73. United Kingdom
74. United States of America
3. Visit Visa Exemption or Visa on Arrival for Leisure Purpose are granted for foreign nationals at the Immigration Checkpoints as follows:
a. Airports:(i) Soekarno Hatta, Banten; (ii) Ngurah Rai, Bali; (iii) Kualanamu, North Sumatra; (iv) Juanda, East Java; (v) Sultan Hasanuddin, South Sulawesi; (vi) Sam Ratulangi, North Sulawesi; and (vii) Yogyakarta, Special Region of Yogyakarta, (viii) Hang Nadim, Riau Islands, (ix) Zainuddin Abdul Majid, West Nusa Tenggara.
b. Seaports: (i) Nongsa Terminal Bahari, Riau Islands; (ii) Batam Centre, Riau Islands; (iii) Sekupang, Riau Islands; (iv) Citra Tri Tunas, Riau Islands; (v) Marina Teluk Senimba, Riau Islands; (vi) Bandar Bentan Telani Lagoi, Riau Islands; (vii) Bandar Seri Udana Lobam, Riau Islands; and (viii) Sri Bintan Pura, Riau Islands, (ix) Benoa, Bali, (x) Dumai, Riau, (xi) Tanjung Balai Karimun, Riau Islands.
c. Cross-Border Posts: (i) Aruk, West Kalimantan; (ii) Entikong, West Kalimantan; (iii) Mota’ain, East Nusa Tenggara; and (iv) Tunon Taka, North Kalimantan.
4. Visit Visa Exemption or Visa on Arrival for Leisure Purpose can be issued accordingly with the following requirements:
a. Passport (diplomatic/official/ordinary) that is valid for a minimum of 6 (six) months,
b. A return ticket or a pass to continue the trip to another country,
c. Proof of payment of PNBP Visa on Arrival of 500,000 IDR (in the case of applying for a Visa on Arrival for Leisure Purpose), and
5. The entry stamp on the granting of a Visit Visa Exemption or Visa on Arrival for Leisure Purpose will be valid as a Visit Stay Permit for the certain period, as follows:
a. Visit Visa Exemption: maximum 30 days and cannot be extended.
b. Visa on Arrival: maximum of 30 days and can be extended once for another 30 days at the Immigration Office in the area where the foreign national lives.
6. Visit Visa Exemption or Visa on Arrival for Leisure Purpose can also be granted for foreign nationals on official visits or government duties to attend international events, for which shall be applied additional requirement: to enclose an invitation letter issued by the Indonesian government to attend the international conferences/trials/meetings.
7. The provision of Visit Visa Exemption or Visa on Arrival for Leisure Purpose as stipulated above applies to holders of diplomatic passports, service passports, or ordinary/general passports.
For every other foreign national which countries not listed above must apply for a visa through a sponsor, who is a corporation/travel agent/visa agent/hotel residing in Indonesia. You cannot apply for a visa individually or through friends. For more information, please visit https://www.imigrasi.go.id/id/